While it’s ideal to sell a home locally, sometimes that isn’t possible. Maybe you just lost a relative or had to relocate while your Florida home remains on the market. Selling a home from out of state can be stressful, but you don’t need to worry too much if you take the right steps.
Read on for our stress-free checklist on selling a Florida home from out of state:
– Estate liquidation or buyouts. Liquidate the furnishings of your Florida home to declutter and earn some cash. Whether it’s furniture, kitchenware, knickknacks, or yard items, an estate sale can help clear the contents of your home for better real estate showings. Stress Free Estates offers estate buyouts and rush liquidations so you don’t have to worry about a thing.
– Estate sale. If you’re not in a rush, an estate sale is another option for cleaning out a house before putting it on the market. Estate sales are great if you’re not sure if there are items of value in the home and you want an expert to take a look and help you decide prices. Stress Free Estates can take care of all the details of your estate sale, even if you live out of state.
– Pick a fair price. Sometimes you may want to see just how much you can get for your home by setting the price higher and waiting to see buyer responses. When you’re out of state, this can be very costly and time consuming. Set a fair price based on the value of the home to sell it quickly.
– Clean! Invest in hiring a one-time cleaning crew to deep clean the house. This will take away years of grime and buildup on things like grout, sinks, baseboards, and more. If your Florida home has carpets, having them steam cleaned, especially if there were pets, is also important. You don’t want buyers to see faded, stained carpet as soon as they walk in the front door.
– Stage the home. Staging can make a huge difference. Buyers need to be able to picture themselves living in the home without clutter or old furniture.
– Find the right real estate agent. When looking for an agent to list your home, do your research. Many real estate agents specialize in how to sell a Florida home from out of state fast. When considering an agent, ask questions; you want to get top dollar for your home, no matter where you are.
Have a home in St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Largo, Tampa, or Sarasota on the market? If you need to clear the contents of your home or would like to sell desirable pieces, call Stress Free Estates at (727) 308-0590 for a free consultation.